Monday, November 15, 2004
The man we know as Ol' Dirty Bastard a.k.a Big Baby Jesus, Unique Ason, Joe Bannanas, Dirt McGirt, Dirt Dog, and Osirus, has gon on to be with the Lord.

In a statement released by his mother, Cherry Jones, she said she was notified of her son's death by telephone, something she called "every mother's worst dream."

"To the public he was known as Old Dirty Bastard, but to me he was known as Rusty. The kindest most generous soul on earth," she continued. "Russell was more than a rapper, he was a loving father, brother, uncle, and most of all, son."

As a long time fan of the Wu and ODB, my heart, thoughts, prayers go out to his family, friends, and fans. I think it's safe to say that there will never be another one like him.


posted by NiaSoul with Love, Peace, and Nappiness at 1:12 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
it's just me, myself and I
I'm just a lil' sista from the southwestern corner of Pennsylvania who loves music, life, good gossip (it's a bad habit, I know!) and all things positive in the African American Community.

my radio blog
***NEW*** To be updated soon!

this week's top 10
1. Ordinary People - John Legend
2. Baby - Fabolous
3. Cross My Mind - Jill Scott
4. Family Reunion - Jill Scott
5. Caught Up - Usher
6. Water - Lauryn Hill
7. Let's Get Blown - Snoop feat. Pharrell
8. She Don't Have to Know (live) - John Legend
9. Oh - Ciara
10. Number One Spot - Ludacris

For the week ending 2/12/05

links
< ? Blogs By Black Women # >

archives
November 2004
February 2005

credits
blogskins
Image Credit by Ping

original layout
designed by:
adreh & w4rnawarni
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com